- Enable Advanced Traveler Information System (EnableATIS)
- Freight Advanced Traveler Information Systems (FRATIS)
- Integrated Dynamic Transit Operations (IDTO)
- Intelligent Network Flow Optimization (INFLO)
- Multi-Modal Intelligent Traffic Signal Systems (MMITSS)
- Response, Emergency Staging and Communications, Uniform Management, and Evacuation (R.E.S.C.U.M.E.).
Thursday, January 31, 2013
The U.S. Department of Transportation's Dynamic Mobility Applications Program
Such a system of "connected vehicles," mobile devices, and roads will provide a wealth of transportation data, from which innovative and transformative applications will be built. These applications will make travel not only safer, but smarter and greener. The possibilities are boundless.
The U.S. Department of Transportation's Dynamic Mobility Applications program is exploring these possibilities, specifically focusing on reducing delays and congestion and thus significantly improving mobility. Here are some of the applications that a connected vehicle world would make possible: